Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sick

Ugh.
 
Little Boy's been sick for the better part of a week (upper respiratory infection; read: bad cold), and he passed it along to me just before he left for Granny's house on Sunday night (she kept him until yesterday, so DH could finish the last of his papers for school).  For the past several days, I've had a persistent, unproductive cough, and as of yesterday the lymph nodes in my neck are all swollen and tender.  Joy.
 
I finally broke down and took some NyQuil last night - I'm a big proponent of letting my immune system try to handle things on its own - and some generic OTC gel-caps of cough suppressant/expectorant this morning.  They do seem to be helping.  I also gave up the ghost and fell asleep on the couch right after LB went to sleep last night, and got up and went straight to bed around midnight.  Needless to say, I didn't get anything accomplished.
 
Also, my boss has been on vacation all last week and this week, so I'm pulling down double-duty and that's keeping me busy at work.
 
Between those two situations, you can see why I haven't been up to much online.  *g*  I'm hoping the full night's sleep will restore my attention span and bolster my immune response, and I'll be able to stay on task today.  I've got quite a bit to do, online and elsewhere.
 
One week and counting to get stuff caught up before the revisions workshop consumes my existence...

1 comment:

Deniz Bevan said...

"I'm a big proponent of letting my immune system try to handle things on its own"
Yay! I'm not the only one! And does everyone at work try to force pills on you each time, too?
Funny, when my boss is off, we take long lunches and extra coffee breaks :-)