Monday, January 07, 2008

Time to take the plunge

One of the things I've been putting off until I finish the book is actually joining RWA.  Some would consider that a backwards arrangement, but I'm getting all the help I need writing the thing from the good folks at CompuServe.  Revising, publishing, marketing, etc. are more what I feel an RWA membership would help me with.  And if I never finished it - just in case - I didn't want to have spent the membership fee for nothing.  As I'm now within a week of that goal, it's become a moot point.
 
In addition to national, I plan to join at least my local (state) chapter.  I've actually already been to a meeting, but membership is dependent on national RWA membership so I've been putting that off, too.
 
Well, the next meeting is January 19th - after my projected finish date - and the subject is
 
"A Walk Through History"
Featuring a Q&A with history experts, examples of historical clothing, and a discussion of historical resources for writers.
 
A sign?
 
Anyway, I'd like to be a member in good standing by then so I can really get to know them and fully take advantage of the meeting.  Looks like it's time to take the plunge.

No comments: