Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sorting

Not as much writing progress as I'd hoped for today, mainly because Little Boy woke up from his nap too early.  *g*

But!  I have gotten through chapter 25 "in the black" - which is to say, in completed form.  (In my spreadsheet, the wordcounts for each scene are black if that scene is complete, red if it's "in progress".)

Chapters 26 and 27, which I had hoped to complete, are still only half finished.  I was going to finish them tonight, but I decided instead to finish sorting all the extant bits and Act IV.  I finally have everything organized!  Right now it looks like there will be 34 chapters and an epilogue.

I have about 20 more pages to write, give or take, to finish the SFD.  Can I do that in two days?  Dunno.  It's certainly within the realm of possibility.  I'll just really have to make sure to stay on track.

But with the aim of being as productive as possible tomorrow, I think I'm going to go to bed.  I write faster if I've had a decent amount (which for me is 6 hours, anymore) of sleep.

Oidhche Mhath...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you agree with the advice of your constantly sleep-deprived brother.

Keep on plugging away. You'll get there!

(PS: Make sure you stop at 107,000-whatever I said.)