Monday, January 14, 2008

The Reality

Heh.

When you get within 2500 words or so of finishing your WIP, you get pretty optimistic.

Then you realize that's still over 5 hours writing at the top of your form, with no breaks, and somewhere around 4 am you start to slow down.  No matter how much caffeine you've consumed.  *w*

To that end, I think I'm going to call discretion the better part of valor and turn in for a few hours of sleep.  I'll pick up full steam from there.  I will definitely finish this tomorr-- er, today.

Looks like I'm going to hit 110K, which is more than anyone (myself included) guessed.  The front end is heavy and the back end is light, but that's what revisions are for.  Also gives me room to cut where needed and still maintain a healthy final wordcount.

No comments: