Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Urgh.

I'm pretty annoyed at myself.
 
I decided to take Labor Day weekend off, and I'm glad of it.  But now the slow progression of September reminds me I should be at 84K to be on target, and I still haven't broken 80K yet.
 
And then today at work seemed wide open, all the time I spent here yesterday (yes, yesterday, for those American readers) to get caught up would have paid off with a wide open schedule and plenty of time to make headway on my wordcount.
 
Except I couldn't focus.  Kept popping over to Compuserve to check on the September X's, and checking my e-mail, and such.  And then, whenever I did try to settle down and write, invariably something work-related would come up and I'd have to take care of that first.  After which it would be hard to focus once more.
 
The end result of which is, it's 6:30 and I'm just now getting ready to leave, only having gotten 750 words and just the immediately due (read: tomorrow morning) stuff done for work.  I'll get home at 7 pm on a day I'd hoped to get home fairly early and done with my wordcount, to boot.
 
I want to be annoyed at the randomness of my work duties today; I like to have a block of time devoted to getting a certain thing done, and this scattershot arrival of plans mucks that all up.
 
But when it comes right down to it, I wasted a good part of the day, and the blame is all mine.  Which is even more frustrating.

1 comment:

Deniz Bevan said...

Hmm, I'd say you have less to reproach yourself with than I do, since I consistently, rather than sporadically, got nothing done this weekend. Not to beat myself up or anything - I did actually type up two longhand scenes... Silver linings, eh?