Wednesday, September 19, 2007

That way lies madness

I cannot believe it is almost 5 am and I have been up all night working and reworking my query. It started off as just wanting to have a good blurb for the sidebar, and then I was in the groove, but the thing just kept getting longer instead of more concise, and then...it was 5 in the morning and I'm facing work on only 3 hours sleep (if I'm lucky) after two back-to-back 12 hour days and 3 more left in the week.

All for a book I may have 40K left to write on, and which I certainly won't be querying until next year in any case.

*sigh* Why do I do this to myself?

3 comments:

Precie said...

Good heavens, woman! Get some sleep!

I know the feeling, though. I haven't pulled an all-nighter in years, but I've had several late-late nights when I just couldn't tear myself away from the keyboard. Oy.

Deniz Bevan said...

I like this: *headdesk*
It's how I feel right now, knowing I haven't written anythign since last Monday, and only typed up a couple of scenes. BUT, big trip to the library planned for tonight, at least!
Hang in there :-)

Tara Parker said...

Jenny,

Just found your blog - very nice! If I ever have anything of interest to say, I'll do one.

That time won't come for YEARS! :)

5AM???? Wow - I was just getting up!


Tara