Monday, September 10, 2007

September Marathon, Day 3

Don't check your calendars, I know it's Sunday.  But I wasn't on the computer yesterday to make a post.

Yup, you heard right.

I didn't write at all yesterday.  And it felt good.  I was exhausted from staying up so late Friday night, and I know both the quantity and quality of my writing suffer when I'm exhausted.  So I took the night off and caught up on a few more of the September X's (I'll get through them, slowly but surely - the mention of sex has brought everyone out of the woodwork, it seems).  Got to bed relatively early.  Meant to get up and write but decided I deserved a lie-in.  Got a full 8 hours of sleep last night.  *gasp!*

I decided that, even though it's a marathon, it's not like I haven't been pushing myself lately anyway.  August about killed me, and September won't be a walk in the park.  I've been averaging nearly 1000 words a day.  The end - finshing the rough draft - will justify it, but I do want to remain functional when all is said and done.  To quote the Kit Kat commercials: I deserved a break today.

Which is not to say I didn't to anything writing related; I attended my first meeting of the Kentucky Romance Writers .  It was very informational and I'm glad I went.  It's nice that they meet at a local (for me) library - many drive up from various parts of the state.  Now I just need to join RWA national and then I can become an official chapter member too.  The guest speaker was NY Times Bestseller J.R. Ward and she talked about her path to success and answered a lot of questions, ranging from the use of a pen name (my question) and psycho stalkers to her writing schedule, chunk vs. outline, etc.

The coolest thing?  All attendees scored signed ARCs of her latest book, Lover Unbound, coming out next month.  Bonus.

Also, they are holding a book signing next month in a part of my old stomping grounds.  Many authors, J.R. Ward included, will be at The Bookstore in Radcliffe on October 13th.  So if you're local and interested, stop by.

No comments: