Sunday, August 26, 2007

One of my daily feeds

One of my daily feeds is from HowStuffWorks.com - yeah, I'm a nerd like that.  (If you have been reading this blog regularly and hadn't figured that out yet, well...)

Anyway, I logged on to my Google homepage this evening and saw my new feed:

How Time-Travel Will Work

and I thought I would share.  *g* The picture on the first page of the article is really nice.  Think of the top layer as Alec's time, and the bottom layer as Elspeth's, and the wormhole runs between the two at the Point of Confluence.   Except the gap between the layers is infinitesimally small, so that the two timelines effectively exist one on top of the other.  Still, the only way to travel between them is through the wormhole, and that is only energetically stable in the presence of an exotic material like, oh say...an allotropic form of diamond found in meteorites that happens to have higher-dimensional resonance.  Or somesuch.  *w*


No comments: