Friday, July 13, 2007

I am writing this from within Google Documents, the existence of which I was alerted to by Claire (who really ought to get her own blog *g*).

I mentioned in a previous post that I backed a few files up here. Well, I've been exploring some of the features. They are legion.

For instance, I can publish one of my GoogleDocs right to my blog, after I set up the feature. Nifty.

You can also invite viewers (read-only) and collaborators. They can make changes or leave comments. You can track all revisions and compare the versions to each other. Publish online (though most of us won't choose that option) etc...

Mondo busy at work right now, so I have to leave off. But I thought I'd check it out, and I think it's pretty cool. I can see using this with betas, as Claire mentioned. Also to access my work from anywhere (the word processor is pretty functional) and as backup.

Now I just wonder what small country Google purchased in order to have the land area needed to house all their servers...

No comments: