Thursday, March 15, 2007

On the road again

Yeah, so I totally didn't do last week's Compuserve writing marathon. I had only the best intentions, but something came up. What you ask? Where was I all weekend?

DH and I drove to Georgia (an 8+ hour trip) and back. In just over 24 hours. To buy a motor scooter.

Seriously.

I actually commute for a good 6 months of the year - the good 6 months of the year, or about May thru October - on a scooter. It's fun, it's fresh air...and it's 100 miles per gallon gasoline. I've been riding a 50cc but it was time to move up. The model I wanted is very hard to find in the color I wanted, but one popped up in Athens, GA. I had to move quickly.

Oh, and I brought along my shiny new copy of Vicki's The Scent of Shadows. I started reading it while we waited for our flat tire to be fixed in Ringgold, Georgia (not too far south of Chattanooga). That book ATE MY BRAIN. For the next several days. Let me tell you, it's a good thing her next one is coming out in a month, 'cause I sure couldn't wait a year or more. Dang. Oh, and Joanna's baby was totally Ben's, not Joaquin's. I'm telling ya now, so don't forget I called it when it's finally revealed. *g*

Anyway, no marathon. Last weekend, at least. I resolved to make it up this weekend, and to that end I forced myself to work tonight. I'm pleased with the results. I reworked Chapter One, tweaking and filling in, and bringing it up to full working draft status. Only added about 200 new words, but it's a good point from which to jump off for my linear writing trial/stint.

Tomorrow I rework/finish Chapter Two.

Edited to add: Oh, and I took the Jeopardy! online test a few months ago, then promptly effectively forgot about it. Guess who got an e-mail today asking them to come to Washington D.C. for an actual audition? That's right, I did.

No comments: