Monday, October 09, 2006

Less-than-productive weekend

Well, I had another mini-crash on Friday (fell asleep at 8:30 on the couch; that's early even for me). Saturday and Sunday were devoted to yard work, since this may be my last chance to get anything done while the weather's still nice. Tonight we're going to an Aerosmith concert with a very dear friend and will likely be back late. So that leaves me only about a week to get 10,000 new words before Surrey starting tomorrow. Heh, we'll see.

I did make some progress. I rewrote a new scene (Elspeth and Alec's first encounter) for the October POV-switching exercise, and got some good reactions and feedback. I had originally been all in Elspeth's POV, but the switch to Alec's (though I'll use whitespace instead of the "baton") seems to work for most people, so I'll probably keep it and follow him on for a while, then snap back to her.

Anyway, gotta leave the day job early today, so I'd better get caught up with that.

No comments: